Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Car Parked In The Sun


What do you do when you see your car parked in the sun and you need to go some place?

Personally, I would rather either take a walk (if I’m going to a place within walking distance) or take MRT if it’s beyond walking distance.

That’s how much I utterly abhor and hate getting into a car that has been parked in the sun. It’s burning hot like hell. Of course, in reality, hell is definitely much hotter than the inside of a car that has been parked for hours under the blazing sun. Sitting inside such a hot car can sear your ass and give you fever.

Walking in the sun with an anti-UV umbrella or a cap is more tolerable than sitting inside a car that has been parked under the sun.

My wife complains that I frown all the time. In actual fact, I don’t frown all the time. I only frown when bright sunlight is shining on my eyes. Highly intolerable am I of bright sunlight. So much to the extent i have to bear in mind to avoid going to hot, sunny places like like Bangkok, Phuket, Langkawi, Pulau Redang, Tioman, etc. for my holidays. Going to such hot places send my body temperature soaring. Need to go to cool places like Genting Highland, Cameron Highland, Lake Toba where even though it may be sunny, at least the temperature is not as intolerably high. Going to hot, sunny holiday destinations begs the question, “Do you think Singapore is not already hot and sunny enough?”

Regardless of how dark the tint done to the windows of a car is, it can ever beat the shelter provided by a multi-storey car park.

That’s how much I hate parking my car in the sun. I would rather pay $25 more every month, just so I can park in the heavenly shade of a multi-storey car park. HDB charges $65 a month for season parking in an open car park and $90 a month in a multi-storey car park in a new town like Punggol and Sengkang.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mason said...

Getting inside the hot car is like putting your hand inside the oven after baking your cookies instead of waiting for the oven to cool down.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 7:57:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger JOEPSC said...

More than two decades ago, I used to park my black-coloured car in the sun for hours.. to get into the car again, I opened all doors, on the air-con blower, and that particular heat-resistant material of the seats cooled quite fast.. it came with that Swedish car.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 1:04:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

To Solid Snake: No shit. At least when we take something hot out of the oven, we can wear a protective glove and it's only for a short while. But when you get inside a car to go somewhere, it can last for at least half an hour, imagine getting stuck inside a hot car with a faulty air-con under the hot sun in a traffic jam that lasts for 3 hours. Guess that only happens in either KL, Bangkok or Jakarta.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 3:18:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

To Joepsc: I presume your car was a Volvo? :)

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 3:18:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger JOEPSC said...

No, it was a Saab Turbo, but I had two Volvos earlier on, 144 and 244.. Seat material of Volvo was leather, but that heat-resistant material on Saab was velvety.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 4:54:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

To Joepsc: Wow! Cool! Looks like you drive only premium Continental cars :D

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 10:44:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Mason said...

"imagine getting stuck inside a hot car with a faulty air-con under the hot sun in a traffic jam that lasts for 3 hours."
Well too bad then. have to bear with it or at least roll down the window.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 7:44:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home