Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Murder Suspect Returns To Singapore

The 22-year-old Indian man suspected of killing an 18-year-old Indian girl at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, left Singapore before the case was reported.

Then he came back to Singapore and got arrested at the Woodlands Checkpoint.

This begs the question: Why did he come back?

Did he want to make sure the girl was dead? Maybe he thought she was not dead yet and he could visit her at the hospital?

This is a bit simliar to the case of Took Leng How,

the man who was convicted of murdering the little girl from China, Huang Na.

After being interrogated by police, his passport was impounded. But that didn’t prevent him from leaving Singapore and returning to his home in Penang. No doubt a major security breach for letting a murder suspect slip through immigration without a passport.

Because he told his father he didn’t kill Huang Na and his father believed him, his father managed to persuade him to come back to Singapore. Took Leng How was hanged after being convicted of murdering Huang Na in the first degree. Had he not come back to Singapore, he could well still be at large up till today.

His old man probably blames himself for sending his son back to Singapore and indirectly causing his execution.

Tuesday, 08th July, 2008 ChannelNewsAsia
Man arrested in connection with Ang Mo Kio murder
Scene where the 18-year-old victim was found

SINGAPORE: A man has been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of an 18-year-old Indian girl at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5.
Police investigations showed that the 22-year-old suspect had left Singapore even before the case was reported.
All checkpoints were alerted and he was nabbed upon his return to Singapore via the Causeway at about 6pm on Tuesday.
A man claiming to be the dead girl's uncle said the victim's name was Jimtha and she was about 18 years old.
Police arrived to find the victim's body in a pool of blood after receiving a call at about 7am. The victim was found next to a utility substation clothed in red shorts and a black sleeveless top, with neck and upper body injuries.
"There was blood in her mouth and her head was (tilted) backwards. And there was blood around the wall," said Shoba, a resident of the block.
It was noon when three women and a man, believed to be the girl's relatives, arrived at the crime scene. They were later taken to a police station for interviews with detectives.
Residents were shocked to learn about the crime at their doorsteps.
One neighbour said the victim was often seen hanging around in the area with her boyfriend late at night.
"Yesterday, I saw the girl with a young guy and a lady sitting at Block 155, the study corner. They were just chatting," said G Mani.
The girl is believed to have lived with her family at Block 157. Family members of the victim were not available for comment.
Police are investigating and have urged witnesses to come forward.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home