Monday, July 14, 2008

The Wheels Of The Bus Go Round & Round...


Many years ago when I was in primary school, I took the school bus from home school and back.

Once, I took a bus which did not take me home. In the early 80s, I was staying at Marine Parade. The bus which I took to get from home to school that day did not go to Marine Parade. Instead it went to Bedok.

So I took the bus all the way to Bedok. After the last student had alighted from the bus, the bus-assistant auntie saw that i was sitting all alone at the back of the bus. She walked up to me and asked me where I stayed. I told her Marine Parade. So she flagged down a cab and brought me back to Marine Parade. I reached home late around 8pm that evening.

I wondered how come none of my school-mates who took the school bus with me, wasn’t with me on that wrong bus. Aferall, there was no sign on the front windscreen of the bus stating its destination.

Crap.

Once I was waiting for the school bus to come, I challenged a couple of my school-mates to a dash to see who could reach an electrical switch-board first. While we were at it, the school-bus came and my 2 school-mates turned back and ran towards the boarding point. I was dashing too fast and couldn’t stop in time, so I banged my head against the switch-board.

Ouch!

6 Comments:

Blogger HappySurfer said...

That must have been scary, knowing that you were all alone on the wrong bus, so far from home. Nice bus auntie you had.

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 1:46:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

actually Bedok is not very far away from marine parade. it might be far for Singaporeans but for Malaysians, it's really a very short distance. Just look at our map and you will know what i mean. Take bus from marine parade to bedok only half an hour or less.

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 1:55:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Mason said...

Hmm Bedok is not that far also. I can even walk from my house to Marine parade if I'm willing to.

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 1:58:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

To Mansor: Bedok and Marine Parade are not very far apart. But walking from the west end of marine parade (parkway parade) to the east end of bedok (tanah merah) can take quite a few hours.

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 2:04:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Mason said...

Oh you stay around Tanah Merah in the past?

Anyway I can still remember "The wheel on the bus goes round and round" song

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 11:08:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Mockingbird said...

i stayed in Marine Parade from the mid 1970s to the late 1980s. i moved to Kembangan in 1989.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 1:50:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home